Daily Blessing




My Stat Counter


Previous Posts


Homeschooling Kids





My Families blogs
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Recipe
For my 10 y/o birthday, some friends of mine gave me a Quaker Oats cookbook.
This is my favorite recipe it is called;

Lemmon Poppy Seed Cake:

2 ¼ cups of flour
1 ½ cups of Quaker oats
3 Tbs poppy seeds
1 Tbs baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ salt (optional)
1 cup sugar
¾ cups butter (1 ½ sticks)
1 Tbs grated lemon peel
3 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
Glaze
1 Cup powdered sugar
½ tsp grated lemon peel
4 to 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease 12 bundt pan r 10” tube pan.
2. Combine flour, oats, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in lemon peel. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in dry ingredients and milk alternately in three additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Pour into a pan.
4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes * or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Combine powdered sugar, lemon peel and enough lemon juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Store tightly covered at room temperature.


Yield: 16 servings


*If using a heavy, cast aluminum bunt pan, baking time may need to be increased.

  posted at 4:46 PM
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




About Me
Name: LydiaMae
Location:: Rural Texas, USA

I'm a homeschooled 10 year old. I have 6 sisters, and brother. Together we make a happy house of children. To learn more about me follow this link.



My Complete Profile





Miscellaneous




Credits & Tools
Temlate by:


Graphics and Design by:
>

Powered by: